Maat for Peace, Development and Human Rights Association organizes a press conference on the situation of women in Northeast Syria. Thursday, March 5th 2020 from 2pm until 4pm, « La Pastorale » Route de Ferney 106, 1202 Genève*
On October 12 2019, Hevrin Khalaf, Syrian-Kurdish political leader, was executed by a faction of the Turkish-backed Syrian National Army. Hevrin, a peacemaker, helped in liberating Northeast Syria from terror groups.
Maat invites women from North Syria who were victims of those terror groups. They will explain their efforts to preserve peace and security in the region.
- Ms.Saadie Mustafa, Hevrin Khalaf’s Mother
- Ms.Hakeema Mahmood Taha, A Yezidi woman liberated from ISIS
- Ms.Nuzha Nabo, Representative of Kongra Star, women congress in North Syria
- Mr.Ayman Okeil, President of Maat for Peace
- Ms.Mennatallah Bakr, Moderator, International Human Rights Mechanisms Specialist
CLUB SUISSE DE LA PRESSE
Route de Ferney 106 La Pastorale 1202 Genève
T: +41(0) 22 546 14 44 – F: +41(0) 22 546 14 45 E-mail: email@example.com
*(Bus 5 – Direction : Aéroport – Arrêt : Intercontinental)